Prompt #9: List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
1. and 2. My mom and dad. They’re obviously the people I’ve spent the most time with in my life, so of course they’ve influenced me. They raised me with the beliefs, principles, and ideas that made me who I am, who I’ve always been. They decided to follow God instead of following the world, and that has made all the difference. In my life, that has been the best thing I could ask for.
3. and 4. My two brothers. These are the people with whom I’ve spent the second most amount of time. Growing up homeschooling with them, we spent a lot more time together than most siblings. Though I more often played on my own, my brothers interests largely shaped my own. Even now, my tastes in music, t.v., and movies are mainly owed to them.
5. and 6. My grandmothers. The reason I put them together is because they’ve influenced me in much the same way. They both went through such struggles and worked so hard. Their bravery and strength has always inspired me. I’m very lucky to have them.
7. My godmother. She has always been the model of faithfulness, perseverance, and strength.
8. My Fruzzin! (Friend + cousin.) We were pen pals when she lived out of state, and have been close ever since. She makes me confront my faults insecurities and challenge myself to overcome them. She also listens to every single crazy ridiculous thing that pops into my head and out of my mouth.
9. My (other) best friend, whom I’ll call Lemony. She is so kind-hearted, loving, humble, giving, and fun! We’ve been friends for forever, and though we’ve had our ups and downs, I’m so grateful to have her in my life!
10. My (other other) best friend, whom I’ll call Marcy. I haven’t really even known her that long, but she’s inspired me so much. She is kinder and sweeter than I could ever hope to be, and I am so thankful for her and her constant encouragement!
Well, that does it for this list, but there are so many many more! Almost everyone in my life has influenced me, so these are just a few. I’m lucky to have you all!
Prompt #10: Describe your most embarrassing moment.
You mean my whole life? This is another one of those things where there have been so many I can hardly pick out one from my memory. But I will share with you a terrible one that’s from a long time ago, so I’m fairly over it. I only have nightmares about it monthly instead of weekly now. This story is not for those of delicate constitution.
Ok, so when I was about 8 or 9, I was in a ballet class. Eventually, I was moved up to a pre-pointe class, which prepared you to go on pointe. (Captain Obvious.) So one of the exercises we did at the end of class was this thing where we sat on the floor and pulled our knees up to our chests and “drew” the alphabet in the air with our feet. So the one time we were doing this, and I sat down, pulled my knees up to my chest-and farted. Loudly. At first I was stupid and thought maybe no one heard it, but then the girl sitting next to me gave me a weird look and a couple other girls giggled and the teacher told them to stop. Just…nooooooo. I wish I had a slightly less embarrassing story to tell, but I guess that would defeat the purpose.
So there you have it, and if you’re having a bad day, just think of my embarrassing moment and feel better about yourself.